How Applied Mathematics is different from Standard Mathematics?
- Applied maths is more about application of the subject.
- The existing Mathematics (041) for Senior Secondary is a course meant for students to pursue pure Mathematics/Physical Sciences/Engineering at University Level. Whereas, ‘Applied Mathematics’ is meant for those students who want to learn Mathematics which is useful for better performance in their opted subjects.
- Applied maths tries to model, predict, and explain things of the real world.
Why MGD for Applied Mathematics?
- We have a seperate team to look after the Applied Mathematics students.
- We have a strong Alumni Network where the students from various colleges (DU, SRCC, SIBM, NLU etc) motivate and guide students throughout the session.
- Apart from subject knowledge MGD organises various events like Twarit (A technical fest) where we prepare students for future interviews and Group Discussions.
Career options after 12th in Applied Mathematics
- CA (Chartered Accountant).
- Manager in Marketing, Finance etc ( 5 Year Integrated programme from IIM Indore, Rohtak etc through IPM).
- Government Jobs (IAS, IFS, IPS etc through UPSC, MPPSC and other exams).
- Jobs in Banking Sector (SBI PO, SBI Clerk).
- CFA ( A Diploma for jobs in Investment Banking accepted in more than 100 countries).
- Hotel Management.
- NIFT (Carrer in Fashion Technology)
And many more………………………
Syllabus For Applied Mathematics
No. of Periods
Numbers, Quantification and Numerical Applications
Index Numbers and Time-based data